Many industries use rotary dryers to minimize moisture content in material during the manufacturing process. Typically, these systems use heated gas to dry material in a large rotary chamber. Uzelac Industries Inc. works with clients to design and build customized drying systems.
WHAT ARE ROTARY DRYERS?
Types of Rotary Dryers
Uzelac Industries Inc. designs rotary dryers for the following purposes:
- Alternative energy
- Biosolids and Residuals
Our clients receive custom-designed and built rotary dryers with minimal installation required prior to use. Larger systems may require on-site assembly by our team of technicians.
Benefits of Rotary Dryers
Rotary Dryers combine reliable performance with long-lasting use. Our systems work with a range of materials and sizes and can help you streamline your manufacturing or processing cycle.
Here are some of the benefits of rotary dryers.
- Rapidly dries high moisture content material without damaging product.
- Reduces capital and operating costs
- Reduces equipment size
- Promotes diffusion drying
- Saves energy
Examples of Rotary Dryers
Our clients use rotary dryers in a number of industries including:
- Biomass (wood)
- Biosolids (industrial sludge)
- Rendering (beef and pork, for example)
- Digestate from Anerobic Digesters
Here are two examples of rotary dryers at work:
- Biomass: The most common biomass fuel is wood and related processing wastes. Uzelac rotary dryers use sawdust and wood shavings to create wood pellets and particleboard for the timber industry.
- Gasification: Gasification is the process of creating a high-heat oxygen-starved environment to get rid of excess carbon. The resulting gases are combined with air in thermal oxidizers. This process creates a carbon-rich biochar. Uzelac rotary dryers dry various materials, such as cattle or hog manure, bio sludge, or biosolids. The semi-processed material then goes to a gasifier, which converts it to energy or biochar that also provides heat for this system. The end product can be used for animal bedding, water and soil filtration, and animal feed supplementations.
We would love to discuss possible applications for your business. Uzelac Industries can help you have a positive impact on the environment and your bottom line with efficient rotary dryers.
Uzelac Industries Inc. is located in Greendale, Wisconsin and Neodesha, Kansas. Feel free to contact us online or call us at 414-529-0240 to set up a site visit. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on any of our products, including rotary dryers.
For decades, the Herbruck family of Michigan has been supplying farm-fresh eggs to major retailers and food service outlets. Founded by Harry and Marilyn Herbruck in Ionia County in 1958, and its roots stretch back to the late 1920s, when Harry Herbruck Sr. began an egg delivery company.
The company’s flock has grown from 3,000 laying hens in the 1950s to nine million today.
Learn more about how Uzelac Industries helped Herbruck's Poultry Ranch develop a Poultry Manure Drying System that can handle the volume that their size flock can produce.